Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a definite artery clogger!! Usually only make it for holiday or special occasion. Very rich and good.
Top Review by Shandi
This was good, but since I did not have pound cake mix I used yellow cake mix, and it just wasn't the same. I also overcooked it slightly so for those two reasons there wasn't anything gooey about it. But it was still yummy! I have to try it with the pound and not overcook it, I'm sure it's better then.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, and 1 cup powdered sugar at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour over cake batter; sprinkle evenly with pecans and chocolate morsels.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle cake evenly with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar.