Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful dessert - sweet, yummy and was a big hit at my family reunion.
Make and share this Gooey Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- Heavily grease a 9 x 13" pan.
- Mix cake ingredients and put in pan.
- Mix topping ingredients. Pour topping onto cake leaving 1/2 inch border.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. (Cake will not look fully done but will be once allowed to cool. Overcooking is not a big problem though - it makes the edges chewy).