Recipe by strodtman1008
These bars are awesome, good for any occasion. They are very rich, even though you can only eat a few at a time, I've seen people manage to get half the pan down. I don't know if anyone has seen or had these bars but my mom made them for me when I was a kid and I have no idea where she got it from, but they are to good to wonder. Make it exactly as it says or it won't come out right. This is so not hard to make even though it might seem that way just reading it, try it you won't be sorry. Enjoy for any occassion.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
Super sweet bar cookie. I added 1 t. vanilla extract to the cream cheese layer. I suggest cutting these bars in 1" or 2" pieces and putting them in mini muffin paper liners. Hot coffee or cold milk required.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1/2 c)
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar (1 lb)
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9 in pan, Preheat oven to 350 degrees (a must, timing is critical).
- Mix cake mix, egg and melted butter in a bowl together with a spoon until cake mix is completely moist. Press into bottom of pan.
- In another bowl mix cream cheese, the 2 eggs together slowly until it starts to get a little smooth. Then SLOWLY start adding the powder sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy; well blended. Pour over the cake mix crust.
- Put in the oven right away after its preheated. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top will be golden brown all over, if not it needs just a few extra minutes until it is evenly golden.
- Let cool before you dig in so you don't burn yourselt and to let it completely set up. Once cooled for the most part ENJOY HEAVEN!