Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These little suckers are addicting. Gooey inside, crunchy outside and sooo delicious!
Make and share this Gooey Blonde Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Cool slightly (If you let it get too cool, it will harden).
- Transfer butter mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Quickly stir in flour, salt and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13X9 pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven about 25 - 35 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Note: You cannot test for doneness with a toothpick since these remain somewhat gooey inside!
The ultimate recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth! I have actually been looking for this recipe for YEARS...it was called a "basic bar", minus the walnuts, when I was in Jr High (20 yrs ago), and I am thrilled to have found it! Also delicious if you sub a box of granulated sugar for the brown sugar (you taste more vanilla & butter, less maple). My only problem was the bars were too thin and sticky to get out of the pan. Next time I will use a smaller brownie pan, and more grease!
I had some trouble with this recipe. I couldn't do the step with the butter and brown sugar and make it mix or bubble. I added a second stick of butter which seemed to work. After baking,the whole thing was a gooey,sugary substance about 1/3 inch high. very un bar like in looks and texture. could only scoop out and eat with a spoon. Help!