Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These little suckers are addicting. Gooey inside, crunchy outside and sooo delicious!
Make and share this Gooey Blonde Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Cool slightly (If you let it get too cool, it will harden).
- Transfer butter mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Quickly stir in flour, salt and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13X9 pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven about 25 - 35 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Note: You cannot test for doneness with a toothpick since these remain somewhat gooey inside!
The ultimate recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth! I have actually been looking for this recipe for YEARS...it was called a "basic bar", minus the walnuts, when I was in Jr High (20 yrs ago), and I am thrilled to have found it! Also delicious if you sub a box of granulated sugar for the brown sugar (you taste more vanilla & butter, less maple). My only problem was the bars were too thin and sticky to get out of the pan. Next time I will use a smaller brownie pan, and more grease!
I had some trouble with this recipe. I couldn't do the step with the butter and brown sugar and make it mix or bubble. I added a second stick of butter which seemed to work. After baking,the whole thing was a gooey,sugary substance about 1/3 inch high. very un bar like in looks and texture. could only scoop out and eat with a spoon. Help!