Recipe by Felix4067
Very rich, easy dessert bars that kids and adults will love. Don't plan on taking any home if you bring them to a potluck!
Top Review by Mirj
I made these last night to send to my daughter who is doing National Service up north. After tasting one, I don't think I'm going to send them to her after all, they are so delicious. I used butter instead of margarine and they came out so rich, so creamy, so... gooey! Next time I'm going to try chocolate cake mix and choclate pudding mix. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for posting a new favorite!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, bottom and sides.
- Combine yellow cake mix, eggs and margarine in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Using your hands, press mixture into the bottom of the greased pan.
- In another bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy and smooth.
- Spread over top of cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares.