Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from Relish Mag and is so good!!
Make and share this Gooey Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large tart apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Cream 5 tablespoons butter and 1 cup sugar. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, apples and walnuts. Batter will be stiff. Spoon into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake about 35 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter, 1⁄2 cup sugar, cornstarch and evaporated milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over hot cake.
I made this last night and it was a big hit! I used a whole teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 granny smith apples peeled. I chopped them in large pieces. I didn't use the nuts but added about 1/3 cup of raisins. I served it warm with vanilla ice cream.
I had cooked some apples in a sugar/water syrup and didn'tknow waht to do with it so I made this cake. Yum! I took it to a church potluck and it was much enjoyed. Thanks!