Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My cousin Marleen makes these wonderfully, simple cookies! Beware...they are addicting! "Bet you can't eat just one"!
- 20 graham crackers, regular, cinnamon (individual squares) or 20 chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter (6 ounces)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- Line a jelly roll pan (10x15-inch) with foil;
- Arrange graham crackers in the pan in a single layer to cover pan.
- Combine butter and sugar in a heavy medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 2 minutes until the consistency of carmel; stir in vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Drizzle the hot mixture over crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake 10 minutes at 300°.
- Remove at once from pan to flat surface to cool.
- When cool, break into smaller pieces.
OMG good I could of ate the whole pan of them. They are Goody !! Thanks for posting !
"Boil for 2 minutes until the consistency of Caramel" not sure if you meant thick as caramel or the color of caramel. I cooked only until I reached the color of caramel about 2-3 minutes. I used cinnamon graham crackers and sliced almonds.These were okay. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.