Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
While stationed at Offutt AFB near Omaha, Nebraska and living in the barracks back in the late 70's, inevitably someone in the lounge on a Friday or Saturday evening would say, "Who wants to make a run to Goodrich Dairy?" We'd scramble for our shoes and our wallets, and off we'd go. My friend Sharon got me hooked on these malts, and whenever I have one, I'm reminded of the fun we had together: cruising the base-gates & seeing which L.E's were working or those Saturday evenings when we'd get all gussied up & head over to The cHEETah to do some dancing or when we were really bored & go cruising 73/75 & waving to guys in hot muscle cars. Here's to you, Sharon My Friend!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- grated chocolate (optional)
- In a blender, combine all but the last two, process until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses, poke a straw in, too.
- Sprinkle with pecans & grated chocolate, if used.