Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe clipped from an advertisement in a magazine many years ago. Some good things in this. Not too high in fat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add honey, egg and orange rind and beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in cereal, chips if using, almonds and raisins.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 4 dozen.