Recipe by Darma
From Parents magazine. A spin on the traditional cereal "party mix." I made a batch and took it to work and it was gone in minutes. This is easily adapted to any holiday or occasion by the color of candy that you add. For Halloween you may even add candy corn. Does not include cool time.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) bag pretzel goldfish crackers
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup Kix cereal
- 1 cup life cereal
- 1 cup kashi heart to heart cereal
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
- candy-coated chocolates
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, cereals, and cashews.
- In a sauce pan, bring maple syrup and butter to boil.
- Pour over cereal mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour in 9X 13 pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let cool.
- Stir in cranberries.
- sprinkle in candy-coated chocolates when bagging the mix.