Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Basic soup for the Goodhousekeeping Soup Diet.
Make and share this Goodhousekeeping's Soup Diet (Basic Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 3 onions, sliced (1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice (whole)
- 6 cups cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed and each cut into thirds
- 1 (48 -49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 3 zucchini, sliced into half moons (1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 (6 ounce) bags baby spinach leaves
- Coat 12-quart stockpot (or 2 large saucepans) with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon. Add cabbage, green beans, broth, water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to high; stir in zucchini and spinach and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.