Prep 6 hrs
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful pudding you will remember for long! Preparation time includes the time to set the jelly.
- Prepare gelatin as per the pkt.
- Set in a bowl.
- Do this a few hours prior to making the pudding.
- For vegetarians, this step can be omitted or Agar sticks can be used to prepare the gelatin.
- Mix condensed milk and the pint of water together in a saucepan.
- Seperate the eggs.
- Break egg yolks and pour into the milk.
- Put on low-medium flame and stir continuously till the mixture becomes slightly thick.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Pour into the milk.
- Stir well.
- Remove from flame.
- Add essence.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites separately.
- Add the well-beaten egg whites into the milk mixture.
- Mix well.
- Separate this mixture into 4 portions.
- Put different colours into each portion- say, pink, green, yellow, orange, blue, etc.
- Make sure to have one with chocolate powder because this tastes quite nice and your kids/ the little ones who have this pudding will love you for it!
- If desired, put in fruit essence for some portions.
- Now take the pre-set jelly bowl.
- Pour one (eg: pink colour) portion on it.
- Place it in the freezer for 3-5 minutes until it is set.
- Remove the bowl.
- Put another layer (eg:chocolate).
- Set it like you did for the first one.
- Then select the next colour, eg: yellow and finally the green colour.
- Once the top layer is also set, garnish with fruits such as pineapples, strawberries etc and cream.
- Refrigerate until its time to serve.
- If you keep it out for a long time, the pudding will melt.
- So, enjoy your summer with this wonderful treat!
- Happy Summers to you!