Just Mandy's Note:
This is a line from the movie "As Good As It Gets" where Jack Nicholson says some people have good childhood memories of going to the lake and noodle salad. This easy Italian-ish pasta salad is sure to accompany my families good times. I serve it warm with Italian Sausage for dinner or cold for picnics. Makes a great left over. All the measurements are approximate, use what you have on hand and as much as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta (the garden rotini with red green and yellow pasta makes the best presentation)
- 12 ounces Italian dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 4 roma tomatoes, cubed (use canned whole tomatoes in the off season)
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2-1 cup cheese, cubed (I like Colby Jack)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1Cook Pasta according to directions.
- 2Carefully toss in half of the Italian dressing.
- 3Toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Pour the rest of the Italian dressing over salad.
- 5Serve warm or cold. Cold salad is best the next day.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Times and Noodle Salad (Pasta Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 1231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g