Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a line from the movie "As Good As It Gets" where Jack Nicholson says some people have good childhood memories of going to the lake and noodle salad. This easy Italian-ish pasta salad is sure to accompany my families good times. I serve it warm with Italian Sausage for dinner or cold for picnics. Makes a great left over. All the measurements are approximate, use what you have on hand and as much as you like.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta (the garden rotini with red green and yellow pasta makes the best presentation)
- 12 ounces Italian dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 4 roma tomatoes, cubed (use canned whole tomatoes in the off season)
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup cheese, cubed (I like Colby Jack)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook Pasta according to directions.
- Carefully toss in half of the Italian dressing.
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the rest of the Italian dressing over salad.
- Serve warm or cold. Cold salad is best the next day.
Made this for a potluck at work. Everyone RAVED! I am not a fan of bottled Italian Dressing, but everyone else seems to be, so that's what I used. Great combination of flavors. I think putting the dressing on the warm pasta really makes this salad sing. I made some at home using a homemade balsamic vinagrette. It was not as pretty as the one I took to the potluck, but it was delicious! Thanks for the great recipe, Mandy :)
Great pasta salad! I'm usually not one for pasta salads, but this was great. I made it for a baby shower and it was a great success. I would use a zesty or spicy Italian dressing. I used the regular and it needed a little kick. I added some balsamic vinegar and a little Japanese 5 pepper spice and it was delicious.