Recipe by Dienia B.
From Darlene Kossman.
Top Review by foodtvfan
Easy to make tasty dinner. I cut the steak into serving size pieces; placed the flour mixture in a plastic bag; shook the steak pieces in the mixture then pounded the flour mixture into the pieces. I preheated the cast iron skillet before adding the oil to cook the steak, and placed the browned steak in a roasting pan. In the same skillet, I added the tomatoes, onion, celery and added 1 teaspoon sugar, scraped up the browned bits and added the mixture to the roasting pan on top of the steak. I gently stirred the steak a couple of times during baking. Served with recipe #148484 and peas and carrots. Made for Please Review my Recipe.
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 88.74 ml flour
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 907.18 g round steaks, 1-1/2 inch thick
- 44.37 ml oil
- 473.18 ml canned tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together chili powder, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt.
- Pound this mixture into steak that is 1-1/2 inch thick.
- Cook in a cast iron skillet with lid off, on top of stove, until brown.
- Put the canned tomatoes, sliced onion, and diced celery over the steak.
- Bake covered in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven for 2-1/2 hours
- For the last 1/2 hour leave lid off.