I was going to call it "Sailor Sauce" because it is always a hit with DH and his friends. It is really a good "stiff" sauce, don't kid yourself that the alchohol will burn off with the cooking - it won't! Try it on bread pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- 2Mix in sugar and the egg, lightly beaten.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook until it is smooth and slightly thickened. This takes about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the bourbon.
- 6Serve over bread pudding, ice cream, or whatever you like. Beat sailors away with a large wooden spoon or just let them lick the pan.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Stiff Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g