Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was going to call it "Sailor Sauce" because it is always a hit with DH and his friends. It is really a good "stiff" sauce, don't kid yourself that the alchohol will burn off with the cooking - it won't! Try it on bread pudding.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Mix in sugar and the egg, lightly beaten.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until it is smooth and slightly thickened. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bourbon.
- Serve over bread pudding, ice cream, or whatever you like. Beat sailors away with a large wooden spoon or just let them lick the pan.