1/7 Photos of Good Seeds Whole Wheat Bread
2 hrs 35 mins
This is an healthy sandwich loaf bread inspired by the famous Dave's Killer Bread of Portland, Oregon. It makes fantastic breakfast toast and sandwiches. You can slice it (once cooled) and freeze it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1sprinkle the yeast on the warm water in the mixer bowl, feed it 1/2 of the sugar and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 2add 1/3 of the flour, the rest of the sugar and the oil to the water, whisk to incorporate and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 3add the cereal mix and pumpkin seed to the remaining flour, mix well.
- 4slowly add the rest of the flour with cereal and seeds to the mixing bowl on low speed.
- 5mix with a dough attachment for 10 minutes: five minutes on low speed and 5 medium-high.
- 6if the dough is too sticky, add some flour one tablespoon at the time - up to 1/3 cup - and keep mixing.
- 7transfer the dough to a bowl, cover and let rest for 2-3 hours: if the air temperature is low, put it in the oven with the light on (or in the microwave).
- 8transfer the dough to a working table flatten, fold three times (see pictures), shape in a roll of the size of the baking pan and roll over the seeds to coat. an optional egg wash would help the seeds to stick to it.
- 9transfer carefully to the baking pan and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 10preheat the oven to 420F and bake for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Seeds Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 486.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: