Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
By Adela Hernandez Gonzmart.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Melt butter and cook onion until transparent.
- Add rice and stir until the rice lightly browns.
- Stir in chicken broth, parsley, basil and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover and steam for 18 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika and fluff with a fork.
This was amazing and super easy to make. I had enough leftovers for lunch and it was just as good the next day. Thanks.
WOW! What a super delicious recipe! LOVED this. I halved the recipe for just two of us. While on the ZWT, I'm trying to cook something different each night and avoid the leftovers that I usually welcome! We thoroughly enjoyed this oh-so-quick-to-prepare dish with Grilled Mexican Lime Chicken. We loved the blend of the basil, parsley and paprika in this. I used breezermom's yummy Basic Chicken Stock and did add some minced garlic. Certainly a rice dish I'll be making again and again post-ZWT 5. Thank you so much for sharing another super recipe, Sue L!
We really enjoyed this! It really is Buena. The flavors were wonderful. I have never combined basil and rice but it was an excellent combination. We enjoyed this with Spanish Meatballs (Albondigas), some red wine and a salad of lettuce and parsley dressed in olive oil and lemon. Delicioso!! Made for ZWT5 and will be made again - Thanks Sue L :)