1/2 Photos of Good Oven-Fried Taco Chicken!
1 hr 20 mins
Yummy-n-Spicy! Tender and MOIST, why order out?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix, or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Johnnie's)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce, optional as well
- 6 -8 chicken legs with thigh (coats 6-8 large chicken pieces) or 1 large broiler (coats 6-8 large chicken pieces) or 1 large broiler-fryer chicken, cut into chicken pieces (coats 6-8 large chicken pieces)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1In two (doubled) brown paper lunch sacks, combine dry ingredients (first seven or *eight including the red pepper flakes); shake well to mix.
- 2In shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and hot sauce.
- 3Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, let excess drip off, then shake in bag of dry ingredients to coat.
- 4Set on plate or sheet as you go.
- 5Then after all are coated, shake each piece again in the flour mixture.
- 6Place bone sides down onto greased, foiled-lined shallow baking pan or sheet.
- 7Spray the chicken with butter-flavored vegetable spray after coating with flour mixture just before putting in the oven. Then bake for 15 minutes so it can “set”, then baste each piece well with melted butter.
- 8Bake, uncovered, at 350ºF for a total of 55-60 minutes or until done and juices run clear.
- 9(When I did leg-thigh quarters, they took exactly 59 minutes).
- 10If pieces are small, they will take less time, of course, so check.
- 11Don’t over bake it.
- 12Now kick back, have a beer, relax and don’t worry about it!
- 13It doesn’t stick or even need to be turned! (Don’t turn it BTW).
- 14Prepare the rest of your sides and…ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Oven-Fried Taco Chicken!
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 277.8 mg
- Sodium 420.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: