Recipe by Sunniland
Oh my, do I love summertime recipes that are quick, easy and don't heat up the kitchen, not to mention using fresh garden produce. This one is delicious and nutritious! It is a variation of a recipe my mom used to cook for us kids.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground chuck in a skillet. Add garlic and onion and cook till tender. Stir in the corn and tomato sauce. Heat till bubbly. Stir in zucchini, squash, mushrooms and chilies. Simmer on medium low until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with grated cheese.
- I want some now!