Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dedicated to my friend Herkimer, this is reminecent of the Chocolate Malt Ice Milk he enjoyed as a boy... this is for use in an Ice Cream Maker
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 baker's unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup malt drink powder
- In a mixing bowl, pour 3 1/2 cups whole milk and add 1 cup sugar - whisking until well blended.
- In a double boiler, melt 1 ounce square of unsweetened bakers chocolate. Once ompletely melted, stir in 1/4 cup cocao and added 1/2 cup milk. Stir until well blended and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl with the milk and sugar. Whisk until well blended. Place mixing bowl in refrigerator for 1 - 3 hours until cold.
- Prepare ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- Once the milk mixture is cold, whisk in 1/3 cup malt powder. Transfer to ice cream maker freezing bowl. Run Ice cream maker about 30 minutes Place in freezer until completely frozen. Serve and enjoy.