Recipe by drhousespcatcher
This is going to take some fancy steppin' to find the peach and vidallia hot sauce.
Top Review by Smilynn
I just discovered the Peach & Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce at the Firehouse Subs restaurant in my hometown. The sauce was great. I hope Firehouse will tell where I can puchase the sauce because this recipe sounds terrific. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 20 chicken wings, trimmed and separated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups jalapeno ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peach and vidallia hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 jalapeno chiles, minced fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Carefully add the wings to the skillet, sprinkling with salt and pepper to seal in their flavor while you brown them. After ten minutes, remove the wings from the pan with tongs. Reserve the drippings in the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and place over high heat to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, peach hot sauce, jalapenos, and the spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the wings to the sauce, coating them thoroughly.
- Spread the wings evenly on a buttered cookie sheet (2 inch-deep). Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.