Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've been making this recipe since the 1970's. It's the first meatloaf I ever made. Occasionally, I like to try other meatloaf recipes but I always go back to this one.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk with a fork until well-combined.
- (If your ground beef has been previously frozen and defrosted, use slightly less milk.).
- Tear bread into small pieces, and add to the bowl with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and mustard, mix well.
- Add ground beef, onion and parsley; mix with hands until all liquid in absorbed and ingredients are well distributed. Mixture will be quite loose.
- Place meat mixture in a shallow casserole about 9 or 10 inches square and shape into a small, rectangular loaf.
- Spread ketchup over top of meat, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Very nice meatloaf recipe. My DH really liked it. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
My family, that has never been a big fan of my meatloaf , really enjoyed this one. I will be making this again :) Thanks for a great recipe.
VERY good meatloaf recipe. Had this for dinner last night and everyone loved it! My 5 year old who normally just picks at her plate practically inhaled her portion! Thanks!!