Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to use Krustease Buttermilk pancake mix for many years, always wih success.I don't know why I even tried this recipe, but I'm so glad I did! I hope you will try it and enjoy it too. If you have a small or medium ice cream scoop, it's great to scoop up the batter and pour it onto the griddle! Feel free to add your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, even trail mix into the batter.Whenever I make pancakes, I always prepare the batter the night before, it just seems to make them better. I always throw away the first one, maybe two pancakes, until the grill gets just right.Source: KVVU
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Thank you for posting this recipe. I also found this on Allrecipe and it makes the best pancakes I've ever eaten. It goes in my breakfast cookbook. UPDATE; Just made this morning, got a phone call and I think letting them set 10 min really made the batter thicker and fluffier
They were a bit hard to spread because they were too thick. So next time I'll add more milk or use less baking powder. The taste was great. But DH didn't like the texture. Thanks Fluffster :) Made for All you can cook buffet
I was craving some pancakes for breakfast and I decided to try this recipe. I added some vanilla to the mix but changed nothing else. These made some wonderful fluffy and filling pancakes. I brushed on some melted butter onto mine and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. It was so delicious with my hot chocolate. Great basic pancake recipe.