Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Good Old Fashioned Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs chicken
- 3 quarts cold water
- 2 medium onions, quartered (in to 4 pieces each)
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 parsley root, cut in half
- 1 parsnip, cut into thirds
- 1 -2 medium zucchini, cut into thirds
- 1 pinch white pepper
- salt, to taste
- Place chicken in a large soup pot.
- Add cold water and bring close to boiling point.
- Skim froth from top before soup actually boils.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken and allow soup to cool.
- When cool, refrigerate and remove fat.