Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
With the scrapes of dough if using homemade, decorate the top with it the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Combine sugar, spices and flour.
- Add all other ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake another 45 minutes or until knife blade comes out clean when inserted in center of pie.
This was the first time i ever tried a pumpkin pie but it didnt really appeal to me. I will try a different recipe in the future but not anytime soon TY Dancer
Very sweet pie. It was so sweet it did not need the whipped topping. Next time I'll half the sugar so we can still add the pretty white dollops of sweetened whipped cream. I used this with my own unsweetened pumpkin puree too.
Made this for friends. I am vegan, but they are not. So I didn't taste it. I'm bringing them to her today. Hopefully, she likes them :) Recipe seems great! I didn't have evap milk, so I used 1 cup of almond milk for two pies. The pies set well, and smell great.