- 1 cup quick-cooking grits, cooled and cooked slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the grits, brown sugar, flour, and eggs.
- Blend well, then stir in the milk and butter or margarine. Add the vanilla and vinegar, and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let cool briefly, then serve while still warm.
- Serve warm by itself or topped with ice cream.