1/3 Photos of Good Ol' Aussie Meat Pie
HAPPY TRACE's Note:
a real winner on a cold night. you can make it in advance and leave in the frige till your ready to cook. i've been making this for many years and my family still love it. just make sure your meat filling is very thick, otherwise it wont cut properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cook onion and minced beef over high heat till brown.
- 2add 3/4 cup water, stock cubes,sauces and seasonings.
- 3bring to the boil and cover. simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4blend flour with remaining water to make a paste.
- 5add to meat and bring back to the boil, stirring constantly.
- 6boil for a further 5 minutes till nicely thickened.
- 7take off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- 8pre-heat oven to 230c.
- 9line a greased pie plate with the short pastry and spoon in filling.
- 10cover with the puff pastry and trim.
- 11glaze with milk.
- 12bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 190c and cook for a further 25 minutes.
- 13serve with green peas and mash potatoes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Ol' Aussie Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.4
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 884.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.0 g