- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup apple, finely chopped, -unpeeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- hot oil
- sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and mix in sugar.
- Slowly stir in milk and orange juice.
- Stir in apple, vanilla and flour.
- Drop mixture by teaspooonfuls into hot oil. Fry until brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Drain in colander or on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.