Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love oatmeal cookies. I'm not a fan of raisins so this is my recipe of choice for oatmeal cookies. This is just your basic recipe, feel free to add anything you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the shortening, eggs and sugars.
- Beat two minutes.
- Stir in oats and chill dough.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- ~or place balls the size of walnuts on cookie sheet and press down with bottom of glass that has been dipped in sugar~.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Do not overbake.