Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on the Today Show this morning and decided that with a little adjustment, it could be a great South Beach-friendly recipe. Haven't tried it yet, but I plan to! Update: I tried it and it kinda sucks. I'd go try a different recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 28 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large roasted red pepper, chopped (can use preserved)
- 24 black olives, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peas, blanched (can use frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, blanched (can use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to sprinkle
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use lowfat)
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Make the aioli sauce by whisking together mayonnaise and garlic, then whisking in lemon juice. Refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a wok or saute pan until very hot.
- Add shrimp and saute 2 or 3 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over, add garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add olives, peas, and peppers and saute until hot and well-incorporated.
- Add green beans and stir-fry to finish.
- Drizzle with aioli and serve.
You are so sweet to warn me with the price of shrimp these days! I am glad to hear that others try new things, just to have them flop. P.S. I will sell my first born for a flour tortilla or a handful of potato chips!