Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I found while searching for Pacific Island Recipes for ZWT. This is almost exactly the same as the one my Mother made, but she didn't add the carrot. This was found at AlohaWorld.com under Island favorites.
- 453.59 g macaroni
- 141.74 g tuna, drained (I use solid white in water and can use more to make it a main course)
- 236.59-354.88 ml mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 medium onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and shredded or grated)
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 stalk celery (chopped)
- Follow the directions for cooking the macaroni on the package. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up the onions, celery and carrot.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, tuna and vegetables and add one cup of mayonnaise, adding more if needed. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until completely chilled. The longer it is refrigerated the more the flavors will marry.
A delicious and easy salad....DH has been thoroughly enjoying this for his lunch at work!
I added a small handful of grated low fat cheddar on top ( couldn't help myself....pasta and cheese just go hand in hand for me!)....
Thanks Diner. Made for PRMR.
This is a great filling salad. My son was so happy to eat that at school. Thanks diner :) Made for PRMR tag game
This made a lovely lunch today. I cooked 1/2 a cup of elbow macaroni and used the other ingredients in proportion to that (I did use less Mayo, I don't know exactly how much but the mac was just lightly moistened). I did add a 1/4 tsp of Greek seasoning but otherwise it was as written. Sometimes ya just gotta love a meal in a bowl. The recipe is very generous, the 1/2 cup of macaroni that I used made enough lunch for two to be quite satisfied with.