Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy start to the day or good any time. Olivia Griffin says don't throw out overripe bananas. If you want it sweeter, increase the sugar by using flavored yogurt. Plan ahead for future smoothies by peeling and freezing black bananas in resealable plastic bags. Recipe courtesy of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook.
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen at least 15 minutes
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- In a blender or food processor, combine banana chunks, berries, and orange juice.
- Puree untl blended.
- Add yogurt and puree until smooth.
- If needed, add more juice to achieve desired consistency.
Delicious! I had a handful or so of raspberries and a small amount of orange juice that needed tending to and this was perfect. I used a triple berry yogurt. :)