Recipe by Terri Juwan
Great for an on-the-run breakfast...full of fresh carrots, coconut and raisins.
Top Review by Nickeletta
This recipe made two very nice mini bread loaves... I substituted vanilla yogurt for the sour cream, and pecans because I didn't have any coconut. Made a wonderfully moist tasty bread!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar and butter in large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add sour cream and eggs.
- Continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in coconut, raisins and carrots by hand.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to sour cream mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.