Recipe by Carrie Ann
I first tasted these muffins at a brunch and the hostess was kind enough to give me the recipe.I asked her about the name she had given them, and she said if any food could ever say "Good Morning!" these muffins were it.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, apple sauce, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix carrots, apple, pineapple, raisins, walnuts and coconut.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until partially incorporated, using as few strokes as possible.
- Add fruit mixture to egg-flour mixture and mix, using as few strokes as possible, until batter is just moistened and fruit is incorporated.
- Don't over mix if you want light, fluffy muffins.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.