Muffins for a healthy breakfast or a hearty desert.
Make and share this Good Morning Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 apples, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease muffins pans or line with papper cups.
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla in another bowl. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- FIll muffins cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.