Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Muffins for a healthy breakfast or a hearty desert.
Make and share this Good Morning Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 apples, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease muffins pans or line with papper cups.
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla in another bowl. Stir in carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- FIll muffins cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.
These are a "MUST TRY" if you like flax! I am just getting into flax muffins and have tried a few recipes. I didn't notice that these didn't require any butter/oil till have way into my prep (I am leary of fat-free!). I was so delighted how these turned out. They have a wonderful taste with the cinnamon and apple (I couldn't believe I was out of carrots, so I had to omit). These had a wonderful texture, sturdy with fluffy insides. I couldn't believe these are "fat free!" I think the white wheat flour contributed to the texture! I am looking forward to trying it in other recipes, too. Thanks Chef Glaucia, for a super recipe, that is now a new favorite for me. Great photo, too! Roxygirl