Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hearty Breakfast Muffin, Raisins-Pecans-Bran Flakes, Mix Once, Never Again. My mother started this about 15 years ago, because of the taste and simplicity.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 15 ounces Raisin Bran cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup oil (or applesauce for lite)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix soda and buttermilk in large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Then add eggs, oil and vanilla
- Mix with milk and soda add pecans.
- Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Do Not stir after initial preparation.
- Just scoop out and put in muffin tins.
- Hearty Size Muffins.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Nearly 2 1/2 years and no one has tried your muffins? they are missing out! These were easy to make and have a nice texture, and great taste. I will definitely make these again. Thanks for a wonferful recipe! Try them everyone, you won't be disappointed.