Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Plan ahead this needs to sit in the fridge overnight :)
- 4 slices bread, crust removed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated swiss cheese, divided
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup canned mushroom slices, drained well (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup hash brown potatoes
- Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Place the bread slices (slightly overlapping), in bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the eggs, milk, bacon, 4 tbsp Swiss cheese, 4 tbsp cheddar cheese, mushrooms and seasoning salt.
- Pour the mixture over the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the hashbrown potatoes over the egg mixture; top with the remaining cheeses.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day: uncover, bake in a 350 degree oven, for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- and a knife inserted in the center, comes out clean.
This was excellent. I made it for my in-laws, and they were very impressed. It was so easy too, and made me look like a top chef (I am far from it). Thanks so much for posting, Kitten. Your recipes are the best.