Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is an easy to whip up cake. It is wonderful to serve to the neighborhood gals over coffee. There will be NO leftovers.
Top Review by Glittergirl
I made this yesterday ,sorry but I found it only ok. Is there something missing in the cake batter ? It had a nice texture but not much flavor,would try to make it again but would use an extract of some flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cake: Blend the first 6 ingredients; beat until well blended. Place mixture in a greased 9-inch square pan.
- For Topping: Mix the 3 topping ingredients; crumble over top the cake mixture.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.