Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to whip up cake. It is wonderful to serve to the neighborhood gals over coffee. There will be NO leftovers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For Cake: Blend the first 6 ingredients; beat until well blended. Place mixture in a greased 9-inch square pan.
- For Topping: Mix the 3 topping ingredients; crumble over top the cake mixture.
- Bake in a 375°F preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.
I made this yesterday ,sorry but I found it only ok. Is there something missing in the cake batter ? It had a nice texture but not much flavor,would try to make it again but would use an extract of some flavor.
This is good and easy .. I made it once as is, and another time with 1/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup buttermilk instead of milk .. I liked it better that way, it was moist .. thanks for posting!
i loved this cake. simple and easy and tasted really good. i added 1 tsp vanilla, sprinkle of cinnamon and some blackberries. the whole family loved it. thanks for the recipe i will definatley make it again.