Recipe by SusanRW
This is a great breakfast casserole, but we cheat and have it for supper sometimes too. We have this on Christmas morning for brunch. It bakes while we are opening our presents!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made this for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner' night. Substituted bacon for sausage since DH doesn't like sausage. The flavor of the casserole was good, but I have an issue (my problem) with textures and the moist bread consistency threw me off. So was not the casserole itself, it was my tastes. Will make again for the family, I will just have something else. :o)
- 6 slices bread, quartered
- 1 lb sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Line pan with bread quarters.
- Cut sausage into small pieces as you brown it. Drain.
- In marge mixing bowl combine cooked sausage, eggs, evaporated mild, water, cheese, mustard, and salt.
- Pour over bread.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Can be served with salsa.