Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good homemade sausage recipe!
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 lb ground pork
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and sugar.
- Add to pork in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Form into patties.
- Saute the patties over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side.
- NOTE: If you use real lean pork, you made need to add a touch of olive oil.
This is excellent. Family-friendly and easy. I've also tried this with ground turkey, but it's much better with pork. Maple syrup can be subbed for sugar, but scale it back to one tablespoon. If you use turkey, add an egg (it adds a bit of moisture).
This was very good. I used ground turkey and a zip lock bag to mix (to avoid the meat under my finger nails!). I added a little olive oil since the turkey was lean. After mixing, I cooked a little and tasted and thought it needed more maple flavoring for my tastes and added 2 tablespoons real maple syrup. Well, after letting the flavors blend overnight in the fridge the sausage sweetened up quite a lot. Next time I make this, I will make as is and not add any additional syrup. It would be good with more red pepper to spice it up a bit. Thanks for sharing
It's a keeper. The family all liked it. Thanks!