Recipe by Charmie777
Good homemade sausage recipe!
Top Review by rusticgirl
This is excellent. Family-friendly and easy. I've also tried this with ground turkey, but it's much better with pork. Maple syrup can be subbed for sugar, but scale it back to one tablespoon. If you use turkey, add an egg (it adds a bit of moisture).
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 lb ground pork
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and sugar.
- Add to pork in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Form into patties.
- Saute the patties over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side.
- NOTE: If you use real lean pork, you made need to add a touch of olive oil.