Recipe by Lorac
Grilled cheese, apple, peanut butter and raisin bread sandwiches will get your day off to a healthy and happy start!
Top Review by strangemk ; )
I like to try a new recipe, and a new kind of grilled cheese sandwich is even better! My dad, who makes our bread, made cinnamon-raisin bread, upon which I put creamy peanut butter with a few grapenuts, some shredded mozzarella cheese, a quarter of a Gala apple, and 1 slice American cheese. I grilled it for a while, and it was the perfect breakfast sandwich! Thanks, Lorac, for sharing your recipe.
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 Red Delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 4 slices of bread with peanut butter.
- Top each with 1 slice of Mozzarella, 1/4 of the apple slices, and 1 slice of Cheddar.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, grill, in batches, until browned on both sides and cheese has melted.