Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe online while looking for something different for breakfast. This is a fun breakfast idea that the kids will love to help you make (and eat). It is also a great way to use leftovers...veggies, chicken, hamburger, any kind of leftover potato, tomato sauce, salsa, taco meat...whatever you have.This recipe is not only great tasting but very easy to make.
- 1 thin boboli prepared pizza crust (or you can use the individual ones and everyone can build their own pizza)
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese (I use the low-fat ones)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped (remove the yolks if you want to reduce your cholesterol)
- 1 cup crumbled ham (any meat will work , whatever you like) or 1 cup bacon (any meat will work , whatever you like) or 1 cup sausage (any meat will work , whatever you like)
- 1 cup leftover cooked potato, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (leftoveer baked potatoes work great)
- salt and pepper (I sprinkle on some Spike Original seasoning)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- salsa (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place ingredients on Boboli shell in this order: 1 c cheese; meat; potatoes; eggs; salt and pepper; remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand5 minutes and then cut in slices and serve with garnish of salsa and sour cream.
Made as mini individual pizzas for 3 of us using up some mixed roast vegetables (carrots, sweet potato and potato) but only used 2 eggs chopped between 4 pizzas and mixed pizza cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesand and cheddar) and used red and orange capsicums in place of green pepper and served with a mild and a hot salsa (each choose their own) and light sour cream. Thoroughly enjoyed though it felt strange not putting a sauce of some sorts on the base but worked well and also baked on a rack which gave a really nice crispy base to the pizzas (about 8-10 minutes at 180C fan forced)