Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this recipe online while looking for something different for breakfast. This is a fun breakfast idea that the kids will love to help you make (and eat). It is also a great way to use leftovers...veggies, chicken, hamburger, any kind of leftover potato, tomato sauce, salsa, taco meat...whatever you have.This recipe is not only great tasting but very easy to make.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made as mini individual pizzas for 3 of us using up some mixed roast vegetables (carrots, sweet potato and potato) but only used 2 eggs chopped between 4 pizzas and mixed pizza cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesand and cheddar) and used red and orange capsicums in place of green pepper and served with a mild and a hot salsa (each choose their own) and light sour cream. Thoroughly enjoyed though it felt strange not putting a sauce of some sorts on the base but worked well and also baked on a rack which gave a really nice crispy base to the pizzas (about 8-10 minutes at 180C fan forced)
- 1 thin boboli prepared pizza crust (or you can use the individual ones and everyone can build their own pizza)
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese (I use the low-fat ones)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped (remove the yolks if you want to reduce your cholesterol)
- 1 cup crumbled ham (any meat will work , whatever you like) or 1 cup bacon (any meat will work , whatever you like) or 1 cup sausage (any meat will work , whatever you like)
- 1 cup leftover cooked potato, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (leftoveer baked potatoes work great)
- salt and pepper (I sprinkle on some Spike Original seasoning)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- salsa (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place ingredients on Boboli shell in this order: 1 c cheese; meat; potatoes; eggs; salt and pepper; remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand5 minutes and then cut in slices and serve with garnish of salsa and sour cream.