Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty bran, carrot, apple, raisin muffins.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole all-bran cereal (300 mL)
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk (300 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted (75 mL)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (250 mL)
- 1 cup apple, shredded unpeeled (1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (125 mL)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, SPLENDA (125 mL)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15 mL)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (10 mL)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (2 mL)
- Combine cereal and milk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg and margarine; add carrots, apple and raisins. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Stir cereal mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into 12 large, greased or paper baking cup-lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 400ºF (200ºC) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then turn out onto rack to cool. 12 muffins.
- Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
These were pretty good for a bran muffin. I plumped my raisins in the microwave for 1 min with a little bit of water and used butter instead of margarine. I also used sugar (no Splenda) Unfortunately, my butter was salted, so these muffins were salty but still moist and tasty. Thanks for posting!