Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an excellent item to serve at a brunch. They can be made in advance and frozen. They can be served warm.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 pint apricot jam (or jam of your choice)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter to dry ingredients until texture of crumbly pie crust.
- Pat 2/3 mixturee into grease 8x13" pan.
- Spread jam evenly over mixture.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 crust mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until just crispy brown on top.
- Cool and cut into bars.
OMG, these were great! Forget breakfast; we eat this for dessert. I can see adding a scoop of ice cream to this. Everyone likes this, even my toddler DS. I didn't have the specified pan-size so I used a smaller dish (approx 7x11-inches). It worked out well since I only had a 12 oz jar of apricot preserves. I did grease the baking dish but next time will have to do a better job around the sides, especially where the top layer meets the dish (had a small problem breaking it free from the dish). We will definitely be having this again and will experiment with other flavors. Thanks.