Recipe by ckmclements
Taken from my grandmother's handwritten, spiral-bound Weight Watchers recipe notebook. Probably from the 70's or 80's. I haven't tried it yet, but since the recipe title claims it is good, and my grandmother noted in red that it is good, it may very well be good. Let's hope. It sounds pretty easy to me. Servings and time to prepare are estimated as there is no mention of that in the notebook.
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 12 ounces tomato juice
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- onion flakes, to taste
- bell pepper, chopped, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make ground beef into 2 patties. Cook under a broiler until medium done. Remove from broiler and cool.
- Combine tomato juice, chili seasoning, onion flakes, bell peppers, and any other seasonings desired.
- Boil until thick.
- Crumble meat into mixture and simmer.
- Good over rice, spaghetti, or macaroni.