Recipe by Baby Chevelle
This is a great one dish meal. Easy, and tastes great, I would say comfort food.
Top Review by landlocked #2
This was delicious and so easy to make!! My kids even went back for seconds (which NEVER happens). I did make a few changes to the recipe, but I don't think my changes made it a different dish. Instead of slicing potatoes, I used plain frozen hash brown potatoes, and then cooked them in the melted butter in the microwave for 5 minutes (to speed up the overall cooking time). I then put the potatoes in the oven to brown as I was making the hamburger. I also cooked the chopped onions with the hamburger, and seasoned it with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. I then added frozen corn and cooked long enough to defrost the corn (another time saver). Also, I didn't have any cream of celery soup so I substituted cream of mushroom soup. I will definitely be making this again!!
- 4 cups peeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12x8x2 inch casserole.
- Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown beef;drain.
- Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes.
- Combine soup,milk,garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup of cheese;pour over beef mixture.
- Bake at 400, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.