Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great one dish meal. Easy, and tastes great, I would say comfort food.
- 4 cups peeled potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12x8x2 inch casserole.
- Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown beef;drain.
- Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes.
- Combine soup,milk,garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup of cheese;pour over beef mixture.
- Bake at 400, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
This was delicious and so easy to make!! My kids even went back for seconds (which NEVER happens). I did make a few changes to the recipe, but I don't think my changes made it a different dish. Instead of slicing potatoes, I used plain frozen hash brown potatoes, and then cooked them in the melted butter in the microwave for 5 minutes (to speed up the overall cooking time). I then put the potatoes in the oven to brown as I was making the hamburger. I also cooked the chopped onions with the hamburger, and seasoned it with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. I then added frozen corn and cooked long enough to defrost the corn (another time saver). Also, I didn't have any cream of celery soup so I substituted cream of mushroom soup. I will definitely be making this again!!
We really enjoyed this recipe! Since we like the flavor of garlic I decided to add minced garlic to the hamburger meat while browning. I recommend to brown your beef until it is no longer pink than drain the fat off and add back to the frying pan and add some minced garlic and your onions ( I used a little more onion than called for) if u chose to add minced garlic (I used about 1 1/2 Tbs.) The casserole turned out GREAT! Oh! and I did kick it up a bit by adding a dash or two of cayenne pepper :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
this was totally awesome. i saw this recipe and couldnt wait until dinner. I ended up making it for lunch because my family wanted a hot meal. it was a delious and quick meal that my whole family enjoyed. thanks Baby Chavelle