Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
How pretty is this? Give as a gift, share comfort food or give to someone going on a camping trip!!!! Starting the New Year with Herbs and Grains! This brings much luck and never to go hungry and always wanting to share with those in need or want. I make 12 pint jars and give for Christmas gifts. Oh So So so perrrfect for the cold weather to come......................
- 118.29 ml dried split yellow peas or 118.29 ml dried split green peas
- 78.07 ml beef bouillon granules or 78.07 ml chicken bouillon granules or 78.07 ml vegetable bouillon granules
- 59.14 ml pearl barley
- 118.29 ml dry lentils
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 0.25 ml saffron (but really good) (optional)
- 7.39 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 14.79-29.58 ml sun-dried tomato, diced very fine
- 29.58 ml dehydrated mixed vegetables
- 118.29 ml wild rice, uncooked (I used Lundberg wild rice blend consisting of Long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, wild rice bit)
- 2 bay leaves
- 118.29 ml alphabet pasta
Good Luck Soup ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 453.59 g ground chicken, beef or 453.59 g turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 2365.0 ml hot water
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the bouillon, to the Bay leaves. Tap jar so ingredients settles. Wrap the pasta in a baggie, and place in the jar. Seal tightly.
- Attach a label to the jar with the following instructions:.
- TO PREPARE SOUP: Remove pasta from top of jar, and set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, brown beef and drain excess fat add garlic to brown slightly. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and soup mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until the pasta, peas, lentils and barley are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Live, Love, & Laugh!
gave this soup to my aunt for christmas in a basket with a movie, giant soup mug with a handle & some movie timie munchies...figured it would be a great rainy day meal & movie and i thought right! my aunt loved the idea and the soup!