3 hrs 15 mins
A southern favorite with some cornbread and fresh garden tomatoes and cukes! I also posted a supreme style version on this site--check it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- bean soup mix (in the dried bean section of the grocery store)
- 2 pieces boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb kielbasa (sausage)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sherry wine (cooking is ok but real is better)
- 1Wash beans.
- 2Place bouillon, chicken and beans in large pot with water.
- 3Boil; reduce to slow boil for 45 minutes.
- 4Sauté onion in oil and add tomatoes and thyme.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Pour tomatoes into bean pot.
- 7Continue to cook at a low boil; add sausage and chili powder.
- 8Let simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 9After that time has passed, turn stove off and stir in the sherry.
- 10Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Luck Soup (13 Bean Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 868.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: